Six easy-to-get credit cards
We made a selection of credit cards for people with a bad credit rating. With several cards from the options offered, you can even improve your credit score if you make payments in a timely manner.
- Shopping credit cards: they are easiest to get with a bad credit history, because, as a rule, they do not require a high credit score. However, you can use this card only in a specific store.
- Debit card: you need to put money on the card and pay it with the purchase. You will not be able to use credit from a debit card.
- Credit card issued under a security deposit: if you are unable to pay, you will lose your deposit. Unlike debit cards, this type of card provides payment history to credit bureaus, so you can recover and build your credit rating with this type of card.
1. Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for college students
If you are a student with no credit history, the Citi ThankYou Preferred card may be a good choice. It is aimed at students, the requirement for it is lower than usual. You can create your credit rating with this card, for which you do not need to pay an annual fee and which provides bonus points for the purchase of goods and services.
2. Capital One Platinum Credit Card
For owners of an average credit rating, the Capital One Platinum Credit Card is suitable, which does not require an annual fee. In addition, you will get some benefits, such as an extended warranty and accident protection during the trip. It is one of the popular credit cards from the getmyoffer.capitalone.com program.